A huge thanks to our team
Any such project does not happen without the collaboration, support and inspiration from a dedicated team. We are exceptionally grateful to the many talented people and organisations who have come on board to help us create the next chapter in the Blue Smoke story. Our most sincere thanks for donating their time, genius and stuff goes to:
- Ruma Karaitiana for your memories, family photographs and blessing to release your Dad's music. Thank you for your continued support and appreciation.
- Fay Burns and Murdoch Riley for your kind permission to release the original versions of Sam Freedman's Maoriland and Best Wishes.
- George Boraman for finding that elusive final record to complete the full set of Pixie's recordings for us to begin the job of remastering. Thank you!
- Tim Fraser for producing this outstanding Album and being so passionate about this project which saw you research and track down; the collectors (MAVtech, Bob & Jan Saunders, Guy Vincent, Dave Turnbull, Jim Crook and John Bell) who provided their 78s for us to capture the best of the best; the engineers - Marcus Wilson for your technical advice and audio equipment to lift the best sound possible from the 78s and Mike Gibson - for your remastering and engineering brilliance. What a result!
- Julie Powell for thinking bigger than big, rolling up your sleeves and providing creative inspiration and direction, honest feedback and massive confidence boosts when we needed it most. You are the best girlfriend ever!
- Creature for brand and web design. For visually embracing and expressing every part of our public face. Thank you for the laughs, and great ideas along the way. Love your work!
- Tony Eyles Ezidocs, Chris Parkin The Musuem Hotel and Greg and Jane Ball for financial support. Without your shared passion and financial generosity we wouldn't have made it. Thank you!
- The GreenMan Group for practical support with the overall concept, web strategy, development services, office space and unwavering encouragement and enthusiasm.
- Zillwood Photography for the magical things you do with the lens, and finding ways to communicate so much through that one captured moment. WOW!
- Dara Wakely for making Pixie look so good, so natural - simply beautiful. Thank you!
- Frankie Stevens for giving your time, expressing your personal stories and love of this music and for presenting this taonga and Pixie's story so beautifully at the benefit and Album launch. You have won a whole team of new fans in love with your work!
- Stephen O'Hoy Amplifier, Rodger Marbeck Ode Records and the team at Stebbings for believing in this treasure, helping us get across the finishline and getting it out there for us - love your work!
- Colin Douglas for the many great ideas and introductions to Jonny at the Roxy Cinema and New Zealand Red Cross. Lots of hugs to you!
THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING CREW FOR THE BLUE SMOKE SINGLE LAUNCH
- Pixie Costello (nee Williams) for the voice so pure and the spirit that is with us always.
- Ruma Karaitiana for agreeing to let us remake Blue Smoke. Thank you for all of your support and sharing this very special taonga with us!
- Launch for showing us the love from the beginninig and creating great experiences to bring this song, and story, to life. Every day is 'launch day' with you guys - and we love you for it!
- GEON print & communication solutions for providing print services and paperstock and providing great ideas to support the overall creative concept. Thank you for making it easy, and making us look good!
- Lagerfield bar and restaurant for providing your beautiful Wellington venue for the launch function and showing us your love by totally getting behind the spirit of th Blue Smoke story.